CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
TSM Training Solutions will deliver this course under a third-party agreement with All States Training RTO#32577. All States Training is the registered training organisation that issues the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment when a student has been deemed competent in a course.
HOW IS THE TRAINING DELIVERED?
- Be over 14 years of age.
- Have a USI# before Enrolment.
- Provide one (1) form of Primary Photo ID - Drivers Licence or 18+ Card.
- Provide two (2) forms of Secondary ID - Government Issued Card, Debit or Medicare Card.
- Be able to possess adequate Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills.
- Wear Long pants and enclosed footwear.
This unit covers Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry - White Card. This includes but not limited to;
- Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work.
- Identify construction hazards and risk control measures.
- Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes.
- Identify incident and emergency response procedures.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Apply relevant documentation, policies and procedures.
- Apply safe work practices.
- Identify and orally report two construction hazards.
- Orally explain how risk could be reduced or removed in relation to those two hazards.
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to control the risk.
- Orally explain basic procedures for responding to incidents and emergencies.
- Identify and orally explain the meaning of required safety signs and symbols.
- Orally explain the purpose of job safety analyses (JSAs).
- Orally explain the purpose of safe work method statements (SWMS) and safety data sheets (SDS).
- White Card Theory assessments will be completed on the day.
- White Card Practical assessment will be completed on the day.
The duration of this face-to-face white card course will take around 4-6 hours to complete.
The National Code of Practice for white card Induction for construction work requires you to hold a general construction induction - white card before you start working, so it’s compulsory to have a white card in Australia. Queensland: Work Health and Safety Act 2011
Successful students receive a "Statement of Attainment", and a wallet-sized white card, you’ll officially hold a white card on the day.
- All payments must be made to TSM Training Solutions BEFORE the training commences.
- Please ensure you have viewed all information outlined on the Online Booking and Payment page.